Shabby.jpg Miss Jenn

Monday, April 4, 2011

How Does My Garden Grow?

Maybe a more appropriate title would be, "Why WON'T My Garden Grow?" Because, in the words of Elmer Fudd, there's a wascally wabbit living here! Last year I planted the most scrumptuous dahlia bulbs that I bought at Historic Biltmore in Asheville, NC. They were amazing colors and sizes up to 13"! I was so excited! I planted the bulbs and they began to peek through the soil very quickly. They continued to grow, and when they would get about 8" high, this little pest would sheer them to the ground again. I tried repellants, to no avail. Each time the flowers would recover and start sprouting again, this little fella would show up. I tried EVERYTHING!! Nothing worked, and I truly realize how Elmer Fudd felt! He and his partner are so brave now that they actually come right up to our back door. Isn't he adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment