Shabby.jpg Miss Jenn

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Comin' up Roses



The idea for this card came from a magazine. It was a small square card - only the roses. I fell in love with the look and incorporated it into a card of encouragement for a dear friend who is going through some trying times at the moment. It was a very simple card to make and took very little time. I began with three sheets of cardstock in graduating shades of pink. I made 3 flowers from each shade using a Die-Namics Rolled Flower Die. This is an awesome die which I purchased here. After making the nine flowers, I placed a pearl in the center of each and mounted them on the lightest cardstock. That was matted using the mid tone and wrapped with a bow made of seam binding ribbon. The entire medallion was then placed on the lighter shade and again matted with the midtone. I placed the medallion toward the top of the card, leaving room for the matted sentiment. I really like the way it turned out and am looking forward to making more of the same, using different colors. The cardstock I used came from Papertrey Ink. Their cardstock is awesome to work with! Check out all their beautiful papers here
Thanks for looking and your comments would be greatly appreciated! I'll be posting another card soon, but I'm going to enjoy this gorgeous Saturday with my beautiful grandbabies!

No comments:

Post a Comment