Shabby.jpg Miss Jenn

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Imagine the Possibilities

Happy Sunday everyone. Wow, did we have major snow here today! The absolute largest flakes I have EVER seen! Fortunately, the ground is just not cold enough for it to stay. Hopefully, more Spring weather soon!

I'm finding it hard to believe that I'm actually beginning to enjoy challenges. This one is for CardPatterns Sketch 105 Challenge. When I saw the sketch, I knew exactly what I wanted to make. Although it looks like a card in the first picture, please scroll down to the next pic to see what it actually is!



As you can see, it is actually an altered CD case containing a set of Nestabilities. I've accumulated some duplicates, one of which is this set of Scalloped Squares. I've been wanting to give a gift to a scrapping friend of mine, and this makes the perfect "package". The dies are held in by magnetic strips. I have found the Jewel cases make the best way for me to store dies. Although, that could be changing soon. I'm having two cabinets custom built. I'll be posting pics of them as soon as they are complete. Each cabinet has 16 drawers; each drawer is 13" x 25" and 2" deep, making them perfect for single layers of stamps, dies, small embellishments, etc. But enough about that. Back to the project at hand. Below is a list of all the materials I used in this project:
Avocado Cardstock from Papertrey Ink
Making Memories je t'adore paper collection (I am SO in love with this collection!)
Making Memories je t'adore glass vial (I added the glitter)
Martha Stewart Tourmaline Glitter
May Arts Silk Crinkle Ribbon
Making Memories "Rummage" Magnetic Alphabet Stamp Set
Rich Cocoa Ink Pad by Memento
Making Memories Rub on
Fabric Flower (this was made using fabric from my stash)
Green Felt (leaves)
Thanks for looking! I would love any comments!

3 comments:

  1. super gorgeous..I adore all the different patterns together! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Donna! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete