Shabby.jpg Miss Jenn

Monday, March 14, 2011

Shabby Tea Room Challenge Week #53 Birthday Girl Banner



This is quite a lengthy post. I hope you'll scroll down and see it in its entirety. Thanks in advance for looking, and thanks Shabby Tea Room for creating this Week #53 Challenge!! The pic above is the entire banner. Sort of tricky to photograph since it's quite long, and my photography leaves much to be desired.



In honor of my beautiful granddaughter's 3rd birthday, I wanted to make something special and "fru fru" for her room. She is such a girlie girl! I had been wanting to try my hand at a life-sized banner, using my Papertrey Ink Dies (LOVE those dies!), and this is what I came up with. I can't wait for her party to give it to her! My favorite component is the baby pic of her that I added at the beginning of the banner. It's my favorite baby picture. It always reminded me of a beautiful Madame Alexander doll I used to have. Isn't she gorgeous! (OK, I'll try to contain myself from "grandmotherdom"! LOL)

Below is a pic of her taken just last week. Isn't she still beautiful (Oh, I really didn't say that, did I?)



Finally, here's the rest of the banner. Some close ups of the individual letters. I'll have to say this was the most fun project I have EVER done! I really just got lost in it and loved every minute of it. It's a great way to use up little pieces and parts of things you've could never bear to discard.












I will attempt to give you an idea of the materials I used here, although many of them were just "scraps" and many other parts were from my stash. The papers are K&CO and Making Memories. I used the Banner Builder die from Papertrey Ink, some paper doilies, paper flowers, rolled fabric flower using my DieNamics Rolled Flower die, felt leaves cut freehand, vintage chandelier crystals, mercury glass ornament, Making Memories Tags, MS glitter, MS glittered letter stickers. I would love to hear your comments about this project, and if you have any questions regarding what I used, please email me, I'll be happy to share. Happy Hump Day!!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Donna!!! Your granddaughter will surely love this handmade from the heart treasure and it will look wonderful in her bedroom! What a shabby and vintage heirloom!! Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room for our birthday bash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO Stunning! I love banners and this one is perfect with every detail!!! Happy Birthday to your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! Wow! Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa
    TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful!! Happy Birthday to your GD. Thanks for playing this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete