Shabby.jpg Miss Jenn

Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Turkey

My son recently celebrated his 33rd birthday. Wow! Where does the time go? That must make me ancient. Not really - I was a mere child when I had him. LOL! I think a masculine birthday card is always a challenge. Since he is an avid turkey hunter and a champion turkey caller, I felt it only appropriate to try and produce a birthday card that reflected that interest. The stamp I chose actually comes from a Thanksgiving set from Crafty Secrets. Love that stamp company! I first stamped the background on cream colored paper, then overstamped and embossed the turkey. I colored in just a hint of red on his face. I cut that using a circle nestabilities and mounted it in brown using the next size up. That, in turn, was mounted on a large scalloped circle using some camo paper that had been in stash for years. The background is simply a blue cardstock and a green textured paper. I machine stitched using a zig zag for a little added texture.



I stamped the inside using my old faithful Making Memories Magnetic Alphabet set. I've had it for years and still love it! All in all, I was pretty pleased with the card, and Andy loved it! Thanks for looking, and I'd love to hear your comments! What's your favorite masculine card idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment